FPO - organic plug and germination
PRO-MIX® FPO is a fine grade, peat/coir-based growing medium with fine perlite that is ideal for the germination of herbs and vegetables. Its physical properties provide favorable conditions for germination of seed and development of herb and vegetable seedlings used as transplants for container or field production.
PRO-MIX® FPO provides the perfect solution for growers who require a growing medium approved for organic use. It is well adapted for water sensitive crops as it provides developing seedlings with low water retention levels and good air porosity.
*This product will be delivered in a generic bag.
- Vegetable transplants
- Plug & Germination
- Young plant propagation
- Medicinal Plants
- Organic crops
- Easy filling of trays
- Improved drainage and air exchange for developing roots
- Dry out faster than peat/vermiculite blends for easier water management
- Reduced calcitic limestone allows grower to have better control of pH with high water alkalinity
- Reduced fertilizer charge gives grower better control to prevent seedling ‘stretch’ and growth
- Premier Tech’s peat moss comes from bogs that are certified under the Veriflora Program. This certification ensures the application of good management principles in all aspects of sustainable development. The criteria include environmental assessment, social engagement, and product quality.
- This growing media contains only substances that appear on the Organic Production Systems Permitted Substances Lists and may be suitable for use in organic agriculture. Please consult your authorized organic certification body for further information.
- The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) supports organic integrity by providing organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing. *Only eligible in the USA.
- Registered Organic Input Material with the California Department of Food & Agriculture (CDFA).
Advice from our specialist
Is PRO-MIX FPO Certified Organic?
Yes, PRO-MIX FPO is approved for organic use. This product is OMRI listed with the USDA National Organic Program and with Québec Vrai CERTIFIED. For more information, visit omri.org or quebecvrai.org.
How Should I use PRO-MIX FPO?
When using this product, remember to start fertilizing after the emergence of the first true leaves. For the best root development, cut back waterings once seedling roots go to the sides of the container. Allow the surface to dry down between waterings, which will encourage the development of an extensive, deep-rooted root system.
PRO-MIX Growing Media Components Explained
Horticulture Specialist Troy Buechel talks about the ingredients included in our professional line of growing media such as sphagnum peat moss, bark, coir, perlite and vermiculite and their benefits for your crops.
PRO-MIX Growing Media Components Explained: Sphagnum Peat Moss
Horticulture Specialist Troy Buechel talks about the sphagnum peat moss ingredient used in our PRO-MIX professional growing media and its benefits for your crops.
Improve Your Bottom Line with Biological Active Ingredients | Webinar
Learn how biological active ingredients work within your potting mix, and how they have a positive impact at every stage of your plant’s life.
SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (60-70%)
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. This primary resource is carefully harvested by vacuum harvesters. Peat moss comes in various fibrosity and levels of decomposition. Once carefully graded, peat moss assures that qualities of each grade are optimized for based on grower and uses for a final product reaching high quality requirements.
COIR - HORTICULTURAL GRADE
Coir is a natural product which comes from the exterior envelop of an aged coco fruit. We have carefully selected a material providing the 3 important following qualities for a high-quality professional growing medium:
- Physical (particles type and size)
- Chemical (washed material with a very low salinity level)
- Microbiological (exempt from any pathogens)
Perlite is an alumino-silicate ore of volcanic origin. The raw ore is crushed, graded and screened in various particle sizes. Perlite has a high total-porosity and improves drainage and air porosity.
Used to adjust pH to optimum range. Also a source of Calcium and Magnesium.
A wetting agent is a substance that reduces the surface tension of water, allowing water to penetrate and uniformly wet growing media.
Documents and specifications
|Code||Size (Regional availability may vary)||Units per pallet||Weight|
|4038023RG||3.8 cu ft Comp.||30||60 - 75 lb|
|4055023RG||55 cu ft Comp.|
|4135023RG||135 cu. ft. Comp.||1||2200 - 2700 lb|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||3.8 cu ft Comp.|
|Units per pallet||30|
|Weight||60 - 75 lb|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||55 cu ft Comp.|
|Units per pallet|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||135 cu. ft. Comp.|
|Units per pallet||1|
|Weight||2200 - 2700 lb|