PRO-MIX BRK MYCORRHIZAE
BRK – Low water retention
Formulated with aged pine bark, PRO-MIX BRK is nitrogen-stabilized and therefore well suited for growers who require more frequent dry down periods and who have to deal with a changing outdoor growing environment. PRO-MIX BRK is a carefully designed low water retention growing medium which will provide quality and consistency for great results.
- Potted flowering plants
- Potted trees and shrubs
- Difficult to overwater crops
- Increased drainage
- High bulk density ensures good pot stability
- Growers can use fertilizer regimes similar to peat-based mixes, unlike other bark-based mixes
- Premier Tech’s peat moss comes from bogs that are certified under the Veriflora Program. This certification ensures the application of good management principles in all aspects of sustainable development. The criteria include environmental assessment, social engagement, and product quality.
- Improves fertilizer uptake; reduces fertilizer costs
- Increases the resistance of plant to stresses; reduces maintenance costs
- Optimizes results without changing growing practices
- Increased root mass, flower production, plant size, yield
- Improved water uptake and increased drought resistance
Advice from our specialist
PRO-MIX BRK contains a combination of Canadian sphagnum peat moss, specially processed pine bark and perlite to form a growing medium that provides good bulk density, high drainage, low water retention and good air porosity. Many growers prefer this PRO-MIX formulation for garden mums, perennials and small container nursery plants grown outdoors where rainy weather can be a factor. The processed bark is nitrogen-stabilized so that there is a minimal drawdown of nitrogen. This means growers do not have to increase nitrogen rates.
Horticulture Specialist Troy Buechel talks about one of the active ingredients contained in our PRO-MIX growing media: MYCORRHIZAE.
Learn how biological active ingredients work within your potting mix, and how they have a positive impact at every stage of your plant’s life.
SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (40-50%)
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. This primary resource is carefully harvested by vacuum harvesters. Peat moss comes in various fibrosity and levels of decomposition. Once carefully graded, peat moss assures that qualities of each grade are optimized for based on grower and uses for a final product reaching high quality requirements.
PROCESSED PINE BARK
Processed pine bark consists of partially composted aged pine bark derived from predominantly red pine species. The pine bark is screened, graded and aged turned to partially compost to improve and stabilize the carbon:nitrogen ratio.
Perlite is an alumino-silicate ore of volcanic origin. The raw ore is crushed, graded and screened in various particle sizes. Perlite has a high total-porosity and improves drainage and air porosity.
Used to adjust pH to optimum range. Also a source of Calcium and Magnesium.
A wetting agent is a substance that reduces the surface tension of water, allowing water to penetrate and uniformly wet growing media.
MYCORRHIZAE - PTB297 TECHNOLOGY
PTB297 Technology, Glomus intraradices - Mycorrhizae are beneficial associations between a mycorrhizal fungus and roots, creating a network of filaments that explores the soil and access more nutrients and water, and transfer them to the plant.
Documents and specifications
|Code||Size (Regional availability may vary)||Units per pallet||Weight|
|50281RG||2.8 cu ft Loose||48||45-60 lb|
|50601RG||60 cu ft Loose||2||900 - 1250 lb|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||2.8 cu ft Loose|
|Units per pallet||48|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||60 cu ft Loose|
|Units per pallet||2|
|Weight||900 - 1250 lb|