Our one-of-a-kind blond and black peat blend offers characteristics which will optimize your casing profile and structure, and therefore, the quality of the harvest. After working hand in hand with commercial growers, we have found that the main benefits from using this blend are improvements
in crop size, quality, quantity and cleanliness of harvested mushrooms. Inspired by requests from current customers and the desire to better answer the market’s needs, we have developed this all-natural blond and black peat blend based on the natural qualities of those two types of peat to optimize the structure, profile and water holding qualities of your casings. PRO-MOSS BBK is a unique solution made available to the North American market.
Specialized product for mushroom growers.
- MUSHROOMS: Improved shelf life & increased water uptake
- MUSHROOMS: Heavier, stronger & cleaner mushrooms
- CASING: Increased water holding for less evaporation and reduced watering
- CASING: Structure allows for good air exchange between compost and casing
- CASING: Better water uptake for improved casing preparation and reduce labor
- CASING: Unique texture for improved casing profile
- The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) supports organic integrity by providing organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing.
Advice from our specialist
Inspired by requests of current customers and the desire to better answer market needs; we have developed this all natural blond and black peat blend. Using the natural qualities of the two types of peat to optimize the structure, profile and water holding qualities of your casings.
When you see a picture of a harvested Canadian peat bog, it looks like any other field that is made up of mineral soil.
In Canada, peatlands cover 280 million acres (113.6 million hectares), or 13% of the land area of Canada.
SELECT BLEND OF FIBROUS BLOND AND BLACK SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. This primary resource is carefully harvested by vacuum harvesters. Peat moss comes in various fibrosity and levels of decomposition. Once carefully graded, peat moss assures that qualities of each grade are optimized for based on grower and uses for a final product reaching high quality requirements.
Documents and specifications
|Code||Size (Regional availability may vary)||Units per pallet||Weight|
|0793P||80 cu ft Loose||1||2700 - 3000 lb|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||80 cu ft Loose|
|Units per pallet||1|
|Weight||2700 - 3000 lb|