PRO-MIX HP BIOSTIMULANT
HP - high porosity
With its high perlite content, PRO-MIX HP provides a great growing environment to growers looking for a significant drainage capacity, increased air porosity and lower water retention. The added benefit of fibrous peat moss and coarse perlite makes this formulation ideal for growers who require a superior-quality product adapted to their needs for watering flexibility and crop seasonality.
*This product will be delivered in a generic bag.
- Foliage plants
- Potted flowering plants
- Greenhouse vegetables
- Young plant propagation
- Vegetable transplants
- Dries out more frequently than general purpose, peat‑based mixes
- Well suited for low-light growing conditions and high humidity
- More difficult to overwater crops
- Reduces incidence of water related problems (root diseases, algae and fungus gnats)
- Holds less water for improved leaching of fertilizer salts during crop cycle
- VeriFlora® is an agricultural sustainability certification and eco-labeling program recognized as the gold-standard in the floriculture and horticulture industries.
*BIOFUNGICIDE is only available in the USA
- Protects against damping-off, crown and root rots caused by Fusarium, Pythium and Rhizoctonia
- Enhances germination
- Increases plant growth
- Reduces risk of pathogens delevoping resistance to chemical fungicides
- Ensures a broad spectrum of action against diseases
Advice from our specialist
Whether you require low moisture retention or prefer a high percentage of perlite, PRO-MIX HP is the choice of many growers for specialty crops, like poinsettias and flowering potted plants, or rooting cuttings. PRO-MIX HP provides the highest air porosity of all of the PRO-MIX blends with good moisture retention. During the winter months, many growers use this blend because of the low light intensity and short day length.
Horticulture Specialist Troy Buechel talks about the sphagnum peat moss ingredient used in our PRO-MIX professional growing media and its benefits for your crops.
Horticulture Specialist Troy Buechel talks about one of the active ingredients contained in our PRO-MIX growing media: MYCORRHIZAE.
SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%)
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. This primary resource is carefully harvested by vacuum harvesters. Peat moss comes in various fibrosity and levels of decomposition. Once carefully graded, peat moss assures that qualities of each grade are optimized for based on grower and uses for a final product reaching high quality requirements.
Perlite is an alumino-silicate ore of volcanic origin. The raw ore is crushed, graded and screened in various particle sizes. Perlite has a high total-porosity and improves drainage and air porosity.
Used to adjust pH to optimum range. Also a source of Calcium and Magnesium.
A wetting agent is a substance that reduces the surface tension of water, allowing water to penetrate and uniformly wet growing media.
Biostimulant is a strain of bacillus that naturally enhances growth and increases germination rates. It creates an optimized environment that promotes growth and reduces the impact of stresses on plants.
Documents and specifications
|Code||Size (Regional availability may vary)||Units per pallet||Weight|
|20383RG||3.8 cu ft Comp.||30||60 - 75 lb|
|Size (Regional availability may vary)||3.8 cu ft Comp.|
|Units per pallet||30|
|Weight||60 - 75 lb|