PRO-MIX BRK20 is a peat-bark based growing medium similar to PRO-MIX BRK,however bark content has been reduced to 20% by volume. The result is a general use growing medium that holds more water than PRO-MIX BRK and has a lower bulk density. This medium has been enriched with a biofungicide (Bacillus Subtilis) that prevents root diseases. These bacteria colonize developing root systems, and suppress disease-causing organisms, such as Pythium, Fusarium and Rhizoctonia, which attack root systems. The bacteria also act as a biostimulant developing with the growing root system. A vigorous root system is then established, resulting in more uniform plant stands after transplanting in the field and in greater crop yields.
- Peat bark-based growing media for transplanting a wide variety of plant species
- For large cell-pack bedding trays (i.e. 606 and larger), pots and containers up to 2 gallons
- Contains bark for high porosity and improved bulk density
- Has the lowest water retention and highest bulk density of all PRO-MIX products
- Contains BIOFUNGICIDE™ (Bacillus Subtilis-MBI600)
- Reduces overwatering risk
- Increased drainage
- High bulk density ensures good pot stability
- Growers can use fertilizer regimes similar to peat-based mixes, unlike other bark-based mixes
- BIOFUNGICIDE™ reduces incidence of root diseases to improve overall growth of plants
**Benefits may vary among plant species and cultivars.
- Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
(70-80% by volume)
- Processed Pine Bark
(20-30% by volume)
- Perlite –horticultural grade
- Dolomitic and Calcitic limestone
- Wetting Agent
- Biofungicide: Microbial supplement for plant growth
|CODE ||FORMAT ||UNITS PER PALLET ||WEIGHT
cu ft Comp.
||45 - 60 lb
cu ft Comp.
||900 - 1250 lb
*For Canadian growers similar product is available under PRO-MIX BIOSTIMULANT. Please contact your distributor or Premier Tech Horticulture sales representative for details.